Please join us for a Commemorative Air Force TRARON Formation clinic at the Atlanta Regional Airport – Falcon Field (KFFC) from November 13-15, 2020.
All Commemorative Air Force TRARON members are welcome, and training will be offered in the T-6/SNJ/Harvard and T-34 Mentor. Participants will be able to become Commemorative Air Force and TRARON members upon check in at the registration desk prior to flying. Pilots seeking formation training in other aircraft should contact the organizers before registering to confirm sufficient aircraft are expected.
Arrival day is Friday the 13th and the clinic will begin with a mandatory safety briefing at 0800 on Saturday. Ground school will be provided at 3PM on Friday the 13th for those needing initial formation ground instruction. Training will conclude Sunday the 15th with departure day being Sunday the 15th.
The Dixie Wing of the Commemorative Air Force will comply with any local, state or federal restrictions related to COVID-19, and may be forced to cancel this event at short notice. In that case, a cancellation fee would not apply; instead, all fees collected would be returned to registrant minus the fee and associated shipping and handling relating to their custom patch. Participants are aware of the risks of COVID-19 infection due to exposure to other people, whether symptomatic or not, and whether direct or indirect. More information is available on the CDC website at this address: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov. The Hold Harmless agreement that all TRARON clinic participants must sign includes acknowledgment and acceptance of these risks.
Please review ALL of the registration steps below before proceeding:
- REGISTER ONLINE. Begin by clicking on the Register Now button, supply the requested information, and pay the registration fee. Late registrants will receive their name patch after the clinic.
- TRAINING? To be added to the list of trainees at the clinic (Wingman or Lead qualification), check the “I want formation training” box during registration. Please do not check the box if you are participating for proficiency flying or as an IP/CP.
- INSURANCE. E-mail to Clint Cottrell at the contact info below a Certificate of Insurance that meets TRARON’s Clinic Insurance Requirements.
- HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT. You must accept the HH terms during registration, then, print it, sign, and witness, and bring hardcopy to the clinic. Each person registered, including guests, must sign an agreement.
- MEALS. Lunch will be provided on Saturday and Sunday via catered meal in the Dixie Wing Conference Room.
- HOTELS. The following hotels have offered discounted rates for the clinic.
- Fairfield Inn by Marriot 295 Highway 74 North (470) 369-7100
- Click HERE to book your group rate for Dixie Wing Clinic
- RENTAL CARS. Enterprise Reserve early – Enterprise Rent-a-Car does not keep cars at Falcon Field. They will leave a car with the Atlanta Regional Airport FBO with a 72-hour advanced notice. Please contact Atlanta Regional Airport at (770)487-2225
- FUEL, OIL & HANGARS. Atlanta Regional Airport at Falcon Field is the fuel provider and will provide discounted tie-down rate for clinic participants. Please contact Atlanta Regional Airport – Falcon Field to verify that they will carry oil to suit your aircraft needs during your stay. Hangar space is limited. You can contact Atlanta Regional Airport – Falcon Field at (770)487-2225 to confirm transient hangar availability.
Clint “Pup” Cottrell Jr
Registration is required
Payment In Full In Advance Only
All pilot participants must be Commemorative Air Force TRARON members. You will be able to join the Commemorative Air Force and TRARON at the registration desk.
We will issue a full refund if cancellation is received prior to November 3rd, 2020. Any cancellation received after this date will be refunded all monies received apart from the patch fee and associated shipping and handling fee to mail patch to the participant.
Included in Registration
Each participant will receive lunch on Saturday and Sunday, custom flight suit patch, instruction, and check pilot examinations, if needed. Note: It is very rare for new formation pilots to achieve their FAST Wing Card at their first clinic. The recommendation to take the wing or lead practical examination is solely at the discretion of the instructor and check pilots.